Translate

April 1, 2016

SPECIAL: White House Prayer Breakfast

THE VICE PRESIDENT: Good morning, everyone. This is one of our favorite events. And it's an honor to be with so many faith leaders and lay faithful this one last time for Easter in the White House -- with us, anyway. Well, I'll tell you what, it's been a great honor. It's been a great honor. He’s not bad to work for either, you know what I mean? My wife, Jill, whenever she wants to make sure I get the message that she wants to deliver to me that morning, literally, she tapes it on the mirror while I'm shaving. You think I'm joking -- I'm not joking. And about a year and a half ago -- a little longer, actually, almost two years ago -- she taped a quote on my mirror at home in Wilmington which is still there, and it's a quote from Kierkegaard. He said, “Faith sees best in the dark.” Faith sees best in the dark. And all of you know better than anyone that faith is a gift from God. Because faith works best when you're the least. Faith works best when you're most frightened, in my view. And faith works best when you're not exactly sure where to go.

For the full transcript of remarks by the Vice President and President at the Easter Prayer Breakfast, click here.

No comments: